Fulldome / VR & AR Lab
The Fulldome / VR & AR Lab of the Department of Digital Arts is a platform for new creative processes, focusing on digital applications for Fulldome, VR and AR environments. Interdisciplinary exchange between students, lecturers and researchers leads to experimental research projects that are carried out with the aim of developing new cultural formats and scrutinising the influence of immersive technologies.
These media environments blur the boundaries between the physical and the virtual world, enabling the user to experience a sense of immersion. They have become increasingly pervasive and influential in our everyday life. Questions and experiments dealing with holistic audiovisual spatial experiences and topics decisive for the future development of our society are focal points of the research laboratory.
Since the inauguration of the Fulldome / VR & AR Lab, students, lecturers and researchers with various backgrounds have benefited from the interdisciplinary exchange and knowledge-sharing around these new methods of capturing, synthesising and re-visualising our world.
- Development of new artistic formats in the field of immersion
- Research into new narrative image and audio concepts
- New concepts and formats in the fields of virtual reality, interactivity, artificial intelligence, gaming, online communities and social networks
- Interdisciplinary platform for new creative processes
- Interactive, 360˚ virtual walk-through to produce a new quality of physical experience
- Research and practical experiments in perceptual research